Monday, February 8, 2010

Questions

Questions
3/26/06

Great Spirit that flows through us and among us, you are the energy that binds us together. You are love.

God, throughout our spiritual journey with you, each one of us is confronted with questions. Sometimes these questions are exciting. They push us to explore with great anticipation of what we will find. But sometimes, God, these questions are troubling. They elicit anxiety and shake us to the core. I spent my adolescence in a church that discouraged the questions. As each one popped into my head it was accompanied by fear that I did not believe in you and therefore did not belong with you. I would apologize and ask for you to please forgive my questioning mind. By your grace, somewhere along the way, my perspective changed. I realized that you gave me that questioning mind and I concluded that my task was to make best use of it. So now, when I question, I thank you. I thank you for giving me the ability to think critically. I joyfully never accept anything without question.

Is that our path with you God? If we have all the answers, what would be left for us to do? If we know all with certainty, would we need faith? If we find ourselves without questions, are we on autopilot, missing an opportunity to know you more fully?

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment